Fundraising & Donations
Hello Beach Grove Parents!
We continue to seek parent and guardian contributions to the PAC and appreciate every family has a different ability to give. Whether it is a cash donation, volunteering, attending PAC meetings or coming out to support PAC events, we appreciate all that you do!
A conscious decision was made by the PAC Executive a few years ago to vastly reduce the number of activities undertaken by PAC. The idea was to keep the most popular events, namely Fun Lunches, Bingo Night, the Adult Social and the Spring Fair. It was felt these events created a sense of involvement and school pride. In order to make up for the gap in funding, the PAC asks for an annual contribution by parents.
Each year the Beach Grove PAC typically asks for a $30 donation per child. The funds collected from this donation are directed back into the classroom. Over the past few years, these donations have decreased significantly, with only 37% of our school population contributing. This year with the new curriculum, teachers are in need of resources more than ever. The funds are used for classroom spending on materials, field trips, as well as school performances. Additional funds, when available, are also set aside for future projects or miscellaneous school enhancements.
If you are able to make a financial donation, please do so by:
1) writing a cheque payable to: Beach Grove PAC or
2) by logging onto the HotLunches.Net website and donating online.
Additional ways to support school fundraising efforts:
- Volunteer – join the PAC Executive, a Committee or by helping out at PAC events. It is said that 1 hour of volunteer time = $15 in donations.
- Order Mabels Labels, www.mabelslabels.com, click on “Support a Fundraiser” then “Select a School” and scroll down to “Beach Grove”.
- Return your bottles and cans to Tsawwassen Return-It Centre and donate the money you earn to: #25, Beach Grove PAC.
We understand that some people can give more than others, but we hope you find an option that suits you.
If you have any questions, please contact the Beach Grove PAC @ email@example.com.